Here is an update on how some of the local college basketball players are doing on the court:
- C.J. Trotter (Christian County) leads the University of Southern Indiana in scoring at 16.8 ppg., free throw percentage (90%), and 3-point percentage (44%). USI is 7-1 and ranked in the top 25.
- Corey Wilford (Christian County) leads Conners State in scoring at 17 points a game and has hit 43 3-pointers in 14 games. Conners State College (Okla.) is off to a 14-0 start.
- DaQuan Brown (University Heights) is scoring just under five points a game for Drury University. Brown is averaging 14 minutes a game and hitting 56-percent from the field for the Panthers, who are 7-1.
- Leon Swope (Hopkinsville) and DaQuan Murden (Christian County) are part of the Shawnee Community College squad that is off to an 8-3 start.
- Tyshwan Edmonson (University Heights Academy) leads Austin Peay in scoring at 19.7 points and steals at 1.9 per game. Edmonson had 24 points and 10 rebounds in a 70-68 loss to Memphis Thursday night. Jon Fraley (Heritage Christian Academy) is averaging 8.4 points and 7.4 points a game for the Governors, who are 6-6 on the season.
- Scotty Hopson (University Heights) leads Tennessee in scoring at 16.5 points a game and is second in 3-point shooting. Hopson scored a career-high 27 points in the Vols' recent win over Pitt.
- Shaquille Wilson (Christian County) is averaging 3.7 points a game for Wabash Valley College, who is off to a 12-2 start.
- Arnika Brown (Christian County) leads Western Kentucky in scoring at 11.2 ppg. and rebounding at 8.1 per game. She is shooting 57% from the field. The Lady Toppers are 3-6 on the season.
- Tayla Foster (Madisonville) is second in scoring for Tennessee State at 8.1 ppg. Denisha Mumford (Christian County) has played in five games for the Lady Tigers, who are 3-7.
- Janada Acree (Trigg County) had four points and six rebounds for Wabash Valley College in their 97-40 win over Danville College. Acree, a sophomore starter, has helped WVC to a 9-2 start to the season.
- Laquisha Boyd (Trigg County) is averaging 1.3 points and one rebounds a game in seven minutes of action for Spaulding University, who is off to a 2-4 start.
- Melly Heaton (Caldwell County) and Millie Deason (Todd County Central) are key components for Campbellsville's 7-2 team that is ranked in the NAIA Top 25. Heaton is scoring 9.2 points and leads the team in assists at 3.0 per game. Heaton is second in steals and is tied for the team lead in 3-pointers made. Deason is averaging 3.0 points and 1.8 rebounds in nine minutes of action per game.
- Olivia Akridge (Lyon County) leads Transylvania University in scoring at 17.5 points a game and steals (2.0) and is second in assists. Transy is 5-3 on the season.
- Former Todd County Central teammates Evelyn Turner and Holly Simons are playing contributing roles for Brescia University. Simons is averaging 4.7 points with a season-high of 15 points. Turner is scoring 2.7 points with a season-high of eight points. Brescia is 9-1 on the season.
- Kayla Shull (Livingston Central) is second in scoring for Midway College at 12.7 points a game. Shull is shooting 48-percent from the field and has a season-high of 22 points. Jessica Cozart (Crittenden County) is scoring 2.8 points a game for Midway College, who is 4-10 on the season.
- Audrey Futrell (Trigg County) has played in two games for Mid-Continent University as she battles for playing time in the backcourt.
If you know of any other players absent from this list, e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org