Here goes as we enter another round of March Madness. Refresh often for updates.
A few thoughts leading up to the big reveal:
- Everywhere I've seen have Kentucky, Kansas, and Syracuse as number one seeds. Joe Lunardi of ESPN has Duke as a number one seed. Bracketography.com, Sean Bartels and Gary Parrish of CBS Sports has West Virginia pegged as the number one seed. Lunardi and Bartels say Kentucky will play in Milwaukee. Bracketography says Kentucky will play in Syracuse.
- If Mississippi State and Minnesota are both bubble teams, Mississippi State's loss to Kentucky is worth more to me than Minnesota's loss to Ohio State.
- If Duke is indeed a number two seed, look for the NCAA CBS to put them in Kentucky's region.
- For the local cable fans, here's hoping Kentucky plays at a time opposite of Tennessee and Vanderbilt since Mediacom only offers one CBS station.
- Anyone want to give an over/under for Masters promos by CBS during the selection show?
- Dave Winder said CBS will have a live look-in at Murray State during the show
And now time for the big reveal:
- TOP OVERALL SEED: Kansas, in the Midwest Region. Kentucky is the number one seed in the East Region. Duke is the number one seed in the South Region. Syracuse is the number one team in the West Region.
- Duke is a number one seed so that they match up with Kentucky in the semifinals. Thanks CBS.
- That means Sweet 16 and Elite 8 in Syracuse for UK if they advance that far.
- Two mid-majors against each other. Theme of the NCAA selection people.
- Michigan State vs. Kansas a potential tough Sweet 16 matchup.
- Great 7-10 matchup with Oklahoma State and Georgia Tech
- Georgetown slips to a three seed. Ouch.
- Tennessee slips to a #6 seed. Was expecting a 4 or 5. Seth Davis predicts San Diego State to beat Tennessee.
- At first glance, that's an awful tough bracket for Kansas. Michigan State, Tennessee, Ohio State, and Georgetown. Wow.
- Wow. A potential Gonzaga/Syracuse second round game.
- Vanderbilt is a #4 seed and will play Murray State, a #13 seed.
- Florida sneaks in as a bubble team.
- Minnesota gets in as a bubble team. I think Mississippi State's bubble just burst.
- Good draw for a good UTEP team
- A much easier bracket top to bottom than the Midwest.
- Kentucky vs. East Tennessee State on Thursday. Not a lot of turnaround from today.
- Texas is the #8 . Wake Forest is the #9.
- Temple could be a tough third round game for UK.
- West Virginia is the #2 seed opposite Kentucky. Wow.
- A Pac-10 team makes it in. Washington is in.
- Not a real scary bracket for Kentucky, although Wisconsin and Temple both slow it down.
- Seth Davis doesnt agree with me. He calls it "brutal"
- Cal/Louisville first round game opposite Duke
- Utah State is another bubble team that got in
- Purdue slips to a #4 seed. Robbie Hummel's injury killed them
- Villanova is the #2 seed.
- St. Mary's is a #10 seed. Tough matchup for Villanova.
- Baylor is a #3 seed
- Mississippi State does not make the tournament
- Big East gets 8. Non-power conference gets 8 in. SEC gets four in.
- Rhode Island and Virginia Tech have the best argument for not being in.